Saturday, August 11, 2018

[SEA-Teacher Batch 6] 8th-10th Aug, Day 6-8 - Observation Week!

Sawadee kha!
So, I will continue my stories about my first week in Ayutthaya. In Wednesday, there was Asean's Day in secondary school. So, the teachers told us to use traditional clothes from Indonesia. I wore kebaya.
Asean's day!
That day, I observed Mattayom 2/2 that learnt special mathematics and Mattayom 2/1 that learnt matchematics 3. Special mathematics teacher in Mattayom 2/2 is an intern teacher, named Niwat or I called him, M. He is really good in teaching because he used activities to motivated students and I adore to his teaching skill. The students in Mattayom 2 are also so creative because after they finished the worksheets or some tasks, they decorate it. I also asked him the books that he used for the source. He gave it to me, but the book was in Thai language. And he said that he not really used the book for teaching, he just followed the main topics from that book and he found the others activities and sources from the internet.
Beautiful!❤
In the morning of this Thursday, I observed M’s class again. He taught in 2/3. This class is very funny and they enjoyed the activitiy that given by M. In the afternoon, me and my friends helped the school staffs to decorate and prepare for Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day in Thailand held when the queen’s (for now the queen is the mother of the king) birthday. The queen’s birthday was on Monday. But at Satit Ayutthaya School the celebration held on Friday. And on Monday, Thailand had a holiday.
The queen was born on Friday, so all of the decoration was blue. Because in Thailand everyday have their own color.
We helped the preparation for Mother's Day.
In Friday, we have to used blue costume.
With all of the Satit Ayutthaya's teachers and the mothers of some students

And this day I have decided the classes that I would like to teach in the second and the third week. I will assist the teacher and teach special math in M.2/1, M.2/2, M.2/3 and M.2/4. So, I have to discuss and coordinate with M as a special math teacher in those classes. And M gave me a hardcopy of the topics that he would like to teach in the next week. So, I can prepared it.

The topics that we would like to teach
I also helped M to prepared the classroom activities for the next week.
The properties for classroom activities
The facilities and infrastructure at this school are very sophisticated and complete. This school uses smart tv that connected to computers for learning media. Computers can also be connected to the internet, so the teachers can search their teaching material directly through the internet. Although there are several smart tv that are not functioning properly but it still can be used for learning activities. And at some teachers classes (like M), they used Kahoot! at some lessons to checking the students' understanding and as a plus point for the students' assessment. It was fun and interesting because in Indonesia, I haven't heard Kahoot! before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to give some comments

[Assignment] Artikel Matematika

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ  Halo! Dalam kesempatan kali ini, aku bakal ...